DSGVO / GDPR
Collection of your personal data
When you visit our websites, use our solutions or interact with us, we may collect data, including personal data. Personal data“ is any data that can be used to identify an individual. Examples include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card numbers. When we link other data to personal data, we treat that linked data as personal data. We also collect personal data from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal data to assist us.
We collect personal data for numerous purposes, such as:
- To process your order, including payment transactions
- to provide you with a newsletter subscription
- To send marketing materials
- To create an account
- To enable the use of certain features of our solutions
- For the personalization of the information displayed to you
- For the provision of customer service
- For the management of job applications
- For collecting data during the test approval process when a computer-based certification test is run for you
We and the third-party vendors we engage may merge the information we collect about you over time on our websites and through our solutions with information from other sources. This allows us to improve its overall accuracy and completeness and to better tailor our interactions with you.
When you provide a third party’s personal information to GCS (such as name, email address and phone number), you represent that you have permission from that third party to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing materials to friends or referring you for employment. Third parties may opt out of receiving any future communications by clicking on the link in the original message or by contacting support(at)lio-coin.com
In some situations, GCS and the third party vendors we engage may automatically collect data using cookies, weblogs, web beacons or similar applications. This data is used to better understand and improve the functionality, performance and effectiveness of the Site and to better tailor content or offers to you.
Use of your personal data
We may use your personal information to conduct our business, to provide, improve and customize our websites and solutions, to send marketing materials and other business communications, and for other purposes permitted by applicable law. We may use your personal information in the following ways, among others:
- For the delivery of a solution requested by you
- To analyze, support and improve our solutions and your online experience
- For personalization of websites, newsletters and other communication tools
- To manage and process your certification exams
- To send information to you, for example, for marketing purposes or for surveys regarding customer satisfaction, either directly from GCS or from our partners
You can change your communication preferences at any time. See „Your choices and setting your communication preferences“ below.
Access to your personal data and its accuracy
To keep your personal information accurate and up to date, we need your help. We offer several ways for you to access, correct, suppress or delete your personal information:
- You can view and edit your personal information and preferences online at lio-coin.org in your customer area.
- Some GCS entities may act or be deemed to act as „data controllers.“ If GCS entities act as data controllers, you may assert your access rights and requests for correction, suppression or deactivation in accordance with applicable data protection laws directly with that GCS entity, as described in the specific documentation for the Solution.
- If you require further assistance or help in accessing, correcting, suppressing or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We will make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress or correct your. Requests will be responded to within 30 days. If we do not grant your request, we will inform you of our reasons.
Your choices and setting your communication preferences
If you wish, we can send you a lot of information about our solutions. You can manage your communication preferences in one of the following ways:
- Follow the instructions in the relevant promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that specific mailing list.
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us by post at: Global Cybersecurity Summits Ltd Privacy Legal Department, 646 Osmaston Road, DE24 – Derby (UK). Be sure to include your name, email address and specific information about the materials you no longer wish to receive.
- In case of short message services („SMS services“): Reply with „STOP“, „EXIT“ or „LEAVE“ to the SMS you have received.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or required communications that are considered part of certain Solutions. You may receive these periodically until you terminate your use of the Solution in accordance with the terms and conditions that apply to them. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with GCS business partners or suppliers so that they can send you information about products or services that may be of interest to you.
When you use our websites and solutions or otherwise provide us with personal information, you agree that we may contact you electronically about security, privacy and administrative issues related to your use. For example, if we learn of a breach of our security system, we may attempt to notify you electronically, in the form of a message on our websites, an email, or through another channel.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of conducting our business, providing, improving and customizing our solutions, sending marketing materials and other business communications, and for other purposes permitted by applicable law, in the following ways and means:
- Within GCS and to any of our affiliates located around the world for the purpose of processing or storing data
- To GCS business partners or vendors so that they can send you information about products and services. To business partners, service providers, authorized third party representatives or contractors so that they can provide, deliver or perform requested solutions, services or transactions.
- Examples may include, but are not limited to: processing orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registrations, assisting with sales-specific tasks or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with mergers, the sale of company resources, consolidations or restructurings, the financing or acquisition of all or part of our company by another company, or in connection with negotiations conducted for this purpose
- Als Antwort auf ein Informationsersuchen einer zuständigen Behörde, wenn wir davon überzeugt sind, dass die Offenlegung im Einklang mit den geltenden Gesetzen, Vorschriften oder rechtlichen Verfahren steht oder von diesen verlangt wird
- To law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or other relevant third parties in the course of law enforcement or to meet national security requirements
- In aggregate and/or anonymous form that cannot be used to identify you without unreasonable effort
- If we notify you and you consent to the disclosure.
Security of your personal data
Retention of personal data
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We retain and use your personal information as necessary to fulfill our business needs and legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our resources and enforce our contracts.
Wie viele Websites verwendet GCS automatische Datenerfassungs-Tools, wie Cookies, eingebettete Web-Links und Web-Beacons. Diese Tools erfassen bestimmte Standardinformationen, die Ihr Browser an unsere Website sendet. Das können beispielsweise Informationen zum Browsertyp sein oder die Adresse der Website, über die Sie auf unsere Website gelangt sind. Es können auch folgende Informationen erfasst werden:
- Your IP address (Internet Protocol address): This address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or device when you connect to the Internet. It is unique and assigned to you by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior: This includes, for example, information about which pages you view and which links you click. These tools make your visits to our website easier, more efficient and more successful by providing you with personalized information and recognizing you when you return.
Learn how to update your selection in relation to these tools.
Some web browsers have the ability to enable a „Do Not Track“ feature that sends signals to the websites you visit indicating that you do not want your online activity tracked. This is not the same as blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a „do not track“ feature may continue to accept cookies.
How to disable interest-based advertising:
- Users in the European Union
- Users in other countries of the world
Note: General, non-personalized ads will still be displayed.
Foren und Chaträume
If you participate in discussion forums, local communities, or chat rooms on a GCS website, you must be aware that the information you provide there (i.e., your public profile) will be made widely available to others and may be used to contact you or send you unsolicited messages.
It may also be used for purposes over which neither GCS nor you have any control. Please also note that individual forums and chat rooms may be subject to additional rules and conditions. GCS is not responsible for any personal data or other information you provide in these forums.
Write to us at support(at)lio-coin.com if you wish to request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum. There may be times when we are unable to remove personally identifiable information. If this is the case, we will inform you accordingly and explain our reasons.
Data protection for children
GCS encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. GCS does not knowingly collect personal information from children without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you believe that we have collected personal information from an individual who is incompetent under the laws of your country without appropriate consent, please notify us using the methods described in the „Contact Us“ section. We will then promptly take appropriate action to investigate and remedy the problem.
Consent to the transfer, processing and storage of personal data
Da GCS ein weltweit tätiges Unternehmen ist, übertragen wir Ihre personenbezogenen Daten möglicherweise an GCS in den USA, an eine der weltweit verteilten GCS Tochtergesellschaften oder an vorstehend beschriebene Dritte und Geschäftspartner, die sich in verschiedenen Ländern auf dem Globus befinden. Durch die Nutzung unserer Websites und Lösungen oder die Bereitstellung personenbezogener Daten stimmen Sie im Umfang der geltenden Gesetze zu, dass diese Daten an ein Ziel außerhalb Ihres Aufenthaltslands übertragen und dort verarbeitet oder gespeichert werden, wo unter Umständen andere Datenschutzstandards gelten.
GCS schützt und ermöglicht die globale Übertragung von personenbezogenen Daten auf mehrere Arten:
- EU-US-Datenschutzschild und Swiss-US Privacy Shield
GCS nimmt an den Frameworks und Prinzipien des EU-USDatenschutzschilds und des Swiss-US Privacy Shield teil (Privacy ShieldPrinzipien) und hat sich seine Compliance zertifizieren lassen. Diese Frameworks und Prinzipien wurden vom US-Wirtschaftsministerium ausgearbeitet und regeln die Erfassung, Verwendung und Aufbewahrung von personenbezogenen Daten, die aus der Europäischen Union (EU) und der Schweiz übertragen werden. GCS hat sich verpflichtet, beim Umgang mit sämtlichen aus den EU-Mitgliedsstaaten und der Schweiz erhaltenen personenbezogenen Daten die jeweils geltenden Prinzipien der Frameworks des EU-US-Datenschutzschilds und des Swiss-US Privacy Shield einzuhalten.
Sollten Bedingungen aus dieser Datenschutzrichtlinie in Konflikt mit den Prinzipien des EU-US-Datenschutzschilds oder des Swiss-US Privacy Shield stehen, so gelten die Prinzipien des EU-US-Datenschutzschilds bzw. des Swiss-US Privacy Shield. Weitere Informationen zu diesen Privacy ShieldFrameworks finden Sie auf der Website zum Thema Privacy Shield des USamerikanischen Wirtschaftsministeriums. GCS ist laut diesen Privacy Shield- Frameworks für die Verarbeitung der erhaltenen personenbezogenen Daten verantwortlich und agiert folglich bei deren Übertragung an Dritte als dessen Vertreter.
GCS hält die Privacy Shield-Prinzipien für alle Weiterleitungen von personenbezogenen Daten aus der EU und der Schweiz ein, einschließlich der Haftungsvorschriften für Weiterleitungen. In bestimmten Situationen muss GCS auf Aufforderung einer Behörde möglicherweise personenbezogene Daten aus Gründen der nationalen Sicherheit herausgeben oder um Anforderungen bei der Strafverfolgung nachzukommen. Im Hinblick auf unter das Privacy Shield-Framework fallende empfangene und übertragene personenbezogene Daten unterliegt GCS den Durchsetzungsbefugnissen der amerikanischen Federal Trade Commission.
- Binding corporate regulations of the EU – Controller
GCS’s Global Privacy Program and Global Policies have been approved by the Dutch, Polish, Spanish and other relevant European data protection regulators as adequately protecting the privacy, fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals in the transfer of personal information protected under European law.
GCS’s Binding Corporate Rules – The Controller (BCR-C) enables global transfers of European personal information from GCS to benefit from adequate protection.
How to reach us:
Ihre Meinung ist uns wichtig. Wenn Sie Fragen oder Anregungen in Bezug auf diese Datenschutzrichtlinie haben, senden Sie eine E-Mail an unser Datenschutzteam unter support(at)lio-coin.com